Unlike traditional oatmeal, this recipe is packed with protein from the nuts, seeds, and the egg yolk (optional). And we all know how important protein is to start out day!
Make Ahead No-Oatmeal
- 3 1/2 cups of desired nut/seed mix (use whatever variety you would like!)
(Makes 4 cups or 12 servings)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup whole or ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- ½ unsweetened coconut shreds/flakes
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- a few pinches of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Optional Add-Ins: banana, almond butter, coconut butter or coconut oil
Toppings: maple syrup/honey to taste, extra cinnamon, raw cream or coconut milk
1. Throw the nuts and seeds (don’t add chia seeds or flax seeds if ground already) into a food processor. Pulse a few times till it resembles the size of real oats.
2. Store your No-Oatmeal in the fridge in an airtight container!
That’s it! It’s a super family friendly recipe. Try it out this weekend and let me know what you think!