How many times have you read that lack of sleep makes you:
- gain weight
- less focused
- have more pain
- or age faster
We all know we should sleep more, but if we all did the things we “should” do, this world would be a different place.
So here are our 7 simple tips to improve your sleep TONIGHT!
1) Biggest reason most women can’t fall asleep at night is they are too busy thinking.
Try putting a notebook next to your bed and doing a massive “brain dump” right before you lie down. All your to-do lists, reminders, gratitude lists, and whatever else you need to get off your mind!
2) Biggest reason most men wake up in the night is to get a midnight snack.
Whether this is just a bad habit or a true health concern (such as low blood sugars) try having a good dose of protein before bed to carry you through the night.
3) Sleep habits are hard to break or make… but make all the difference in a good nights sleep.
Try to hit the sack around the same time every night and get out of bed around the same time each morning.
4) Turn the heat down!
It truly saves $$ and ZZ’s!
5) Do you wake up at the dreaded 3am hour?
Lots of people do and there are lots of opinions why. In Chinese Medicine we believe each organ has an “active” time and 3am is the time of the Liver. And the Liver is the organ of STRESS! So this part is easiest (yeah right!)… stress less, sleep more!
6) Stimulants like TV, video games, watching the news, exercise and caffeine sound exciting, right? Well anything even close to stimulating or exciting are all wrong when trying to get a good nights sleep. Anything that revs up your body or mind will make sleep more difficult.
7) Get out of your own way!
Our bodies are so much smarter than we are. They like to do simple things like go to sleep when the sun goes down and get up when the sun gets up. Bodies like cool environments and peaceful happy thoughts to fall asleep to. Pretty simple, right? So chi-lax and let your body do what it do!
I hope these basic tips help you get a little more sleep tonight, your health will thank you!
Be inspired by your health! Inspired Wellness Center provides Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine support to those around the entire state of Colorado as well as Arvada, Westminster, Longmont, Denver, Lakewood, and so much more… Let’s get started today at Inspired Wellness Center. Schedule your FREE phone consultation to evaluate your health to get started today (303) 377-1365!